African Investments Dashboard Guidelines
Accessing the Dashboard for the First Time
- Register by clicking on the “Click here to Register” Link on the welcome box
- Enter your email address into the welcome box, click Login and you will receive a code direct to your email inbox. You do not need a password. If the code is not received within a reasonable period of time, please check your junk box for a mail from firstname.lastname@example.org and mark email@example.com as a safe sender for future Dashboard visits
- Enter the code into the welcome box (you may need to refresh the page if the code is not accepted)
- A new page will open allowing you to Edit your Personal Details and to Add a New Investment Proposition
Accessing the Dashboard after the First Time
- Enter your email address used for registration into the welcome box, click Login and you will receive a code direct to your email inbox
- Enter the code into the welcome box
- Your Dashboard will open allowing you to access the following
- Edit your Personal Details
- Edit or delete your existing Investment Proposition(s)
- Add another new Investment Proposition
Guidelines for Adding a New Investment Proposition
Please note that we only accept investment propositions with a compelling business plan and strong financial metrics. If you require assistance to prepare a business plan and financial model, please find a list of suggested advisors here.
At this stage we are only accepting submissions in English.
Deal Name for Your Internal Use
This is an internal field for your use allowing you to identify each of your deals quickly. This field is not visible to investors.
Best Description of Your Organisation
Choose the from the drop down list.
Country of Incorporation
The country in which the entity requiring capital is registered. Choose from a drop down list
The sector(s) which describe your company’s main business sector of operation. More than one can be selected.
Countries where you Operate
The country/countries in which the project is operating. More than one can be selected.
Make the deal public – yes/no?
A deal marked public will be viewable by investors in our network once it is approved by the African Investments team. Mark the deal as not public if the information on this form is incomplete or if the deal is not yet ready to show investors.
Your Current Sales Revenue p.a.
Choose from the drop down list
Minimum and Maximum Investment Sought
Enter the mininum and maximum investment amount per investor that you are seeking in US dollars. For example if you are seeking US$10m and the minimum investment amount that you’ll accept from any investor is $1m and the maximum is $10m, then enter 1 in the minimum box and 10 in the maximum box.
Corporate Video Link
If you have a corporate video or a video pitch, add the URL link here
Add the URL of your corporate website
Investment Opportunity Details
Short Investment Headline
Write a short headline statement that captures your investment opportunity – 100 character limit.
Executive Summary of Business
Provide a clear, succinct description of your business proposition. You should include
- Your investment opportunity – What is the product you are generating or the problem you are solving or business you are expanding?
- Your traction to date – What progress have you made so far with this business? Are you currently profitable? What contracts or customers or licences have you secured?
- What is the growth potential for this business?
- What are the company’s assets?
- The need for capital – What will the funds be used for?
- How will your business generate revenues and an attractive return for investors with the funding?
- Key financial forecast figures – summarise the expected return on capital invested as per your feasibility study / financial plan / business plan
- Include links to any documents that will help investors understand the opportunity eg. investment pitch deck
Executive Team Summary
Investors place a lot of emphasis on the quality of the management and technical teams behind an investment proposition. Use this space to briefly highlight the strengths and relevant experience of your key team members to demonstrate why investors should back your company. Provide links to your website or to a professional Human Resources site or on the African Business Network at www.invest-in-africa.co
Proposed Investment Transaction (US$)
- how much capital you are seeking to raise (in US dollars)
- the type of capital ie. debt or equity or other type of financial instrument
- the terms of the investment eg. interest rate, % equity
Overview of Financial Performance
Briefly outline the company’s historic financial performance, the projected financial performance and advise whether financial statements and a financial plan or feasibility study are available. If this is confidential information, then please state that this information can be made available under a non-disclosure agreement.
Overview of Market
Provide a brief overview of the market size and any critical information on your competition
Contact Information for Further Details
The person/persons who can be contacted if there is investor interest in your proposition – include a name and email address as a minimum